- Legal purchase age
- Types of information collected
- What personal information do we collect from you and how?
- How personal information may be used, including anyone it might be shared with
- Opt-in and opt-out provisions
- How you can access and, if necessary, change the personal information NET-A-PORTER maintains
- Safeguarding your personally identifiable information
- Where and how to ask questions or file complaints
- Your consent
22nd February, 2010: Amends to how your personal information may be used
24th November, 2010: Amends to opt-in and opt-out provisions
10th February, 2011: Net-A-Porter TV clause added
6th July, 2011: Update to how personal information may be used
Date last revised: 6th July, 2011
Legal Purchase Age
Types of Information Collected
- Information that you provide by filling out forms on the Site. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site; subscribe to any services offered on the Site including but not limited to interactive services (such as blogs, chat rooms, message boards, or other user forums); enter a competition or promotion sponsored by NET-A-PORTER; complete a survey; or report a problem with the Site;
- Your correct date of birth, which we may require that you submit accurately to ensure that you do not access the Site if you are not of a legal age to purchase items offered for sale on the Site;
- Any information you may provide when you contact us or send us a correspondence;
- Details of any transactions you carry out through the Site including the placement of any orders by you; and
- Details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, your computer's IP address, password information, page interaction information, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other data about the resources that you access.
The following information is provided by NET-A-PORTER to enable our online visitors to be fully informed of our Privacy Policies. The Site collects certain information when you interact with the Site. For example, the Site may collect "Personal Information" which is data that can be used to identify an individual, as defined by applicable law. The Site may also collect data that does not identify you specifically. The following is a list of data that we may collect and process about you:
What Personal Information do we collect from you and how we use it
NET-A-PORTER collects personal information in several ways when you place an order, buy a gift voucher for a friend or register for a service offered by NET-A-PORTER. By registering, you are consenting to the collection of your personal data. If an order is placed with us, we need to hold personal information including your name, email address, phone numbers, home address, shipping and credit/debit card billing address(es) so that we can process and fulfill your order.
Saved card details will never be shared with third parties and will only be used to process your order, using our payment partner's systems. Additionally we may also obtain information as a result of authentication or identity checks. Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number. This number may be given to our courier for delivery services. These details allow us to process your order and to let you know the status of your order.
Users of NET-A-PORTER TV will only have their name and email address processed in order to provide the service and respond to any complaints or otherwise where required by law on in connection with any legal proceedings or dispute.
In addition, our Live Chat provider stores all chat conversations for 13 months. These transcripts are only accessed by NET-A-PORTER for training purposes so we can enhance the service we provide. To receive a copy of your chat conversation simply request this when exiting Live Chat or contact our customer care team by emailing email@example.com.
Opt-In and Opt-Out Provisions
When you register, you will be given the option to opt-out of subscribing to our regular update service.
At all times, we will offer you the opportunity to opt-out of any service to which you have subscribed. Any email we send you will contain an easy automated opt-out link so that you can opt-out of that particular mailshot. Simply follow the indications in the email. Alternatively you can change your email preferences or opt out of all emails by logging into My Account. To opt out of direct mail service or updates, please contact a NET-A-PORTER.COM customer care representative on US +1 877 678 9627 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is not our current policy to share our customers' personal details with third parties other than as stated herein.
Should you choose to have your name and personal data removed from our database altogether, you can do so by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to us at: NET-A-PORTER, c/o Customer Care Department, The NET-A-PORTER Group LLC, 100 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10011, USA.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND, IF NECESSARY, CHANGE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION NET-A-PORTER MAINTAINS
If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information held by NET-A-PORTER is not correct, please visit the website and, after logging into the site using the "Sign In" menu on the home page, your personal information will be made available for review and change in the "My Account" section. Only you or, upon your request, the Customer Care department, may access your personal data from the website using your password and User ID. Information may be changed online within My Details, Shipping Details, and My Preferences. You can change or delete saved credit card details each time you make a purchase. You will also be able to delete saved credit card details by adding or editing a shipping/billing address. If you change your billing or shipping address while your order is still being processed, the order will be re-processed through customer finance check. If you prefer, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will amend your personal details.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
WHERE AND HOW TO ASK QUESTIONS OR FILE COMPLAINTS
- YOUR CONSENT