- Spring’s luxe hair accessories are the perfect finishing touch for high-octane, after-dark glamor. By AMY WILSON-THOMAS
Your dress has been chosen, your makeup is done, but how can you update your hair from day to night? Take inspiration from the runway, where designers embellished tresses with everything from flowers to coins.
Pre-Raphaelite curls were twisted into loose up-dos and adorned with flowers at Dolce & Gabbana (right) and Zac Posen. As Guido, Redken Creative Consultant and hairstylist at Dolce & Gabbana’s SS14 show, says, “It’s old-world and romantic, inspired by classic Italian cinema.”
GET THE LOOK:
1. Spritz damp hair with a volumizing spray like Serge Normant Meta Lush Volumizer, and dry roughly.
2. Using the T3 SinglePass Whirl Ceramic Styling Wand, curl one-inch sections of hair, including any shorter pieces.
3. Guido suggests adding texture by using a dry shampoo like Redken’s Powder Refresh 01, before braiding and twisting into a low chignon.
4. Finish by fixing a floral accessory like Eugenia Kim’s velvet and georgette flower crown headband into hair.credits