get the look
1. Prepare lips with Guerlain KissKiss Liplift, taking it over your lip line to prevent feathering.
2. Apply Lancôme Rouge in Love in 159B Rouge In Love with a lip brush for a defined finish.
3. Blot after each step with Shiseido Pureness Oil Control Blotting Paper to ensure your color lasts.
4. Add MAC Patentpolish Lip Pencil in Teen Dream, an orange-hued stain, on top of your red for a modern twist.
lipstick that says:
A power pout has long been a sign of confidence in the workplace, but you should avoid anything too glossy. “A perfectly applied red lip can convey authority,” says Babsky. “Adapt the look for your working day by choosing a satin finish, then blot to take away the shine. If you want a more contemporary feel, try a shade that is on the cusp of being orange.”
hair that says:
“I’m in control”
The low-slung ponytail is one of FW14’s strongest hair trends and will add instant fuss-free polish to your look. “It works on most face shapes, but squarer jawlines should add height at the crown and bring the hair over the ear,” says hair super-stylist Joel Goncalves at Daniel Galvin. If you want to add length, try Hershesons’ clip-in Invisible Ponytail.
get the look
1. Apply a pea-sized amount of Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight from the middle to the ends of towel-dried hair for a straighter finish.
2. Brush hair gently to the nape of your neck with your head slightly tilted back. Keep your ponytail in check with a snag-free, clear elastic band, like an Invisibobble.
3. To finish, mist the palms of your hands with hairspray and smooth over your head and length of the ponytail to keep flyaways to a minimum.credits
Photograph: Jason Lloyd-Evans