- Get a healthy glow in an instant
as makeup experts reveal their secrets to a sun-kissed sweep
TOP BRONZING TIPS
1. “Choose a color that’s no more than two shades darker than your skin tone,” says makeup artist Kay Montano, who has worked with Nicole Kidman and Gwyneth Paltrow. “Gold undertones suit almost all skin tones.”
2. Apply where the sun naturally hits your face. “Sweep bronzer in a figure of three from your forehead, along your cheek, and then down onto your jawline,” says Alex Babsky, Lancôme’s UK Makeup Ambassador.
3. “Bronzer can sometimes dull your skin,” advises Montano, “so keep the rest of your makeup warm by sticking to sheer pink and coral tones for your lips and cheeks.”
4. Use bronzer to sculpt and slim your face – light-colored, shimmery powders will highlight, whereas “a darker bronzer under your cheekbones will bring out definition,” says Guerlain Brand Ambassador Richard Hawkins.
Clockwise from top: Lancôme Star Bronzer Long Lasting Bronzing Powder in Golden Riviera; Burberry Make-up Warm Glow Bronzer in 03 Nude Glow; Clarins Colours of Brazil Summer Bronzing Compact; Givenchy Croisière Healthy Glow Powder in 2 Douce Croisière; Guerlain Terracotta Sun Celebration Bronzing Powder and Blush 30th Anniversary Editioncredits
Words: Danielle Fox. Photograph: Bruce Anderson. Art direction: Gemma Stark