Santos-Dumont 31.4mm large 18-karat rose gold, alligator and diamond watch
Louis Cartier first fashioned this timepiece when his close friend Alberto Santos-Dumont - a Brazilian aviator - requested a style that would allow him to tell the time while flying. It went down in history as one of the first-ever wristwatches and quickly became an iconic design for the house. It has a large, 18-karat rose gold case that'll look a little oversized on smaller wrists and is studded with signature screws and brilliant-cut diamonds. The high-autonomy quartz movement will ensure precise timekeeping, while the rich burgundy alligator strap adds an elegant touch.
All Cartier watches still within the initial 2-year warranty period under the original International Limited Warranty will be eligible to benefit from a 6-year extension, for a total of 8 years warranty.
This item's measurements are:
- Circumference: 22.5cm / 8.9in
- Width: 3.14cm / 1.2in
- Swiss-made quartz movement
- Hour and minute hands
- Satin-brushed silvered dial with sunray effect
- Black Roman numerals and markers, blued steel sword-shaped hands
- 18-karat rose gold case
- Brilliant-cut diamonds, total weight: 0.66-carats
- Crown for time adjustments and manual winding
- Sapphire glass crystal
- Engraved case back
- Ardillon buckle-fastening burgundy alligator strap
- Case diameter: 31.4mm; case length: 43.5mm; case thickness: 7.3mm
- Water resistance: 3 bar
- Comes in presentation box
- Alligator: USA
- Reference number: WJSA0016
- Manufactured in Switzerland
Cartier creations are manufactured with the greatest care by Cartier workshops in the purest tradition of jewelry and watchmaking, thus giving each piece a unique character. As a result, information on the carat weights in relation to a model may vary slightly from one piece to another and are therefore given for information only.
Returns or Exchanges
Try your purchase on in the comfort of your own home and let us know straightaway if you’d like a different size or a refund and we’ll collect from your home, work or an alternative address.