Santos-Dumont Automatic 31.4mm large 18-karat pink gold and alligator watch
Cartier's 'Santos-Dumont' timepiece is named after the early 20th-century aviator who wanted a reliable way to tell the time mid-flight - Louis Cartier himself made the first version, which is still regarded as a revelation in terms of history and design. Made at the brand's Swiss maison, this large 18-karat pink gold version has a square bezel that sits perfectly flat and a sapphire-tipped, cabochon-shaped crown. The satin-brushed silvered dial is elegantly contrasted by Roman numerals and signature blued steel hands. The alligator strap smoothly curves around the wrist, eventually molding to your specific contours.
Shown here with: Peter Do Pants.
This item's measurements are:
- Length: 22cm / 8.7in
- Width of Face: 3cm / 1.2in
- Width of Strap: 1cm / 0.7in
- Quartz movement
- Hour and minute hands
- Satin-brushed silvered dial with sunray effect
- Blued steel sword-shaped hour and minute hands, black Roman numerals and markers
- 18-karat pink gold case
- Sapphire crown for time adjustments and manual winding
- Sapphire glass crystal
- Engraved case back
- Ardillon buckle-fastening black alligator strap
- Case diameter: 31.4mm; case length: 43.5mm; case thickness: 7.3mm
- Water resistance: 3 bar
- Comes in a presentation box
- Alligator: USA
- NET-A-PORTER is a certified member of the Responsible Jewellery Council
- Reference number: WGSA0021
- Manufactured in Switzerland
We offer a two year warranty for all working parts and any manufacturing faults. Cartier also offers an additional six year warranty, to be activated through Cartier Care.
Returns or Exchanges
Try your purchase on in the comfort of your own home and let us know straightaway if you’d like a different size or a refund and we’ll collect from your home, work or an alternative address.