Tank Américaine 19mm small stainless steel and alligator watch
Worn by Princess Diana and Jackie Kennedy, Cartier's 'Tank' watch recently celebrated its 100th birthday. The iconic timepiece is inspired by tanks from World War I - the case resembles the cockpit and the vertical bars along the sides recall its treads. This elongated 'Américaine' style has been meticulously handcrafted by artisans in Switzerland from polished stainless steel and has black Roman numeral markers that offset the synthetic spinel-tipped crown and blued steel hands. It's beautifully finished with an alligator strap that fastens by an adjustable folding buckle.
- This item's measurements are:
- Circumference: 22cm / 8.8in
- Width of Face: 1cm / 0.7in
- Width of Strap: 1cm / 0.5in
- Quartz movement
- Hour and minute hands
- Silvered dial
- Black Roman numerals and markers, blued steel sword-shaped hands
- Stainless steel case
- Crown for time adjustments and manual winding
- Buckle-fastening navy alligator strap
- Case width: 19mm; case height: 34.80mm; case thickness: 6.50mm
- Water resistance: 3 bar
- Comes in presentation box
- Alligator: USA
- Reference number: WSTA0016
- Manufactured in Switzerland
Cartier creations are manufactured with the greatest care by Cartier workshops in the purest tradition of jewelry and watchmaking, thus giving each piece a unique character. As a result, information on the carat weights in relation to a model may vary slightly from one piece to another and are therefore given for information only.
Returns or Exchanges
Try your purchase on in the comfort of your own home and let us know straightaway if you’d like a different size or a refund and we’ll collect from your home, work or an alternative address.