PORTER frequently asked questions
BEAUTY HAMPER PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Net-A-Porter PORTER Beauty Hamper Prize Draw Terms and Conditions: July 2018
1. These terms and conditions (the "Rules") apply to the Beauty Hamper Prize Draw being run by Porter Magazine (the "Prize Draw"). The promoter of the Prize Draw is The Net-A-Porter Group Limited (Company Number 3820604) of 1 The Village Offices, Westfield London, Ariel Way, London, W12 7GF (the "Promoter").
2. The Prize Draw is open to residents of the UK and the US aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter (or its affiliates), their families, agents or any third party associated with the administration of the Prize Draw.
3. The prize for each Winner of the Prize Draw is one beauty hamper containing the following products selected by the Promoter, in each case up to a total value of 470 GBP (the "Prize"):
(i) For Winners in the UK – Mio Body Brush and Shrink to Fit Cellulite Smoother; REN Instant Firming Beauty Shot; By Terry Eye Designer Palette and Mascara; Rahua Color Full Shampoo & Conditioner; Kjaer Weis Cream Blush & Mascara; This Works No Wrinkles Night Repair; and Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask.
(ii) For Winners in the US – Mio Body Brush and Shrink to Fit Cellulite Smoother; REN Instant Firming Beauty Shot; Dr. Jackson’s Face & Eye Essence; Oribe Masque for Beautiful Color; By Terry Eye Designer Palette and Mascara; Rahua Color Full Shampoo & Conditioner; and Kjaer Weis Cream Blush & Mascara.
4. The Prize (and each of its contents) is subject to availability. The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize (including its individual components) with an item of equal or greater value. The Prize is not negotiable and the Promoter shall determine which Prize each Winner will receive.
5. There is a limit of one entry per person. The Promoter will not accept entries that are automatically generated by computer, completed by third parties or in bulk, illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with, photocopies and not originals or incomplete. Entry is free and no purchase is necessary.
6. The Prize Draw will run from 10:30 GMT on 17 July 2018 (the "Opening Date") to 17:00 GMT on 24 July 2018 (the "Closing Date") inclusive. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
7. To enter the Prize Draw, entrants should, by the Closing Date, complete and submit an online entry form via the Porter Facebook page.
8. By submitting an entry, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or to refuse to award the Prize, to anyone in breach of these Rules.
9. The Promoter will not accept: (i) responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or (ii) proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the Prize Draw.
10. Five (5) winners will be selected by the Promoter at random from all entries received by the Closing Date (each a "Winner" and together the "Winners"). The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
11. The Winners will be notified by email (using details provided on the online entry form) on or before 3 August 2018, and must provide their name and a postal address to claim the Prize. If a Winner does not respond to the Promoter within fourteen (14) days of being notified by the Promoter, then they will forfeit their Prize and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above. The Prize will be sent to the Winners by Yodel within ten (10) days of them responding to the Promoter to accept the Prize and providing their postal address.
12. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered howsoever arising from the Prize Draw or the Prize, whether due to any errors or omissions or other cause by the Promoter, its employees, agents or others to the fullest extent permitted by law. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence. The Promoter will not be liable for its inability to contact the Winner(s) or award the Prize as a result of any mistakes or errors in the contact details provided by the Winner(s). Entrants’ statutory rights are not affected.
13. Before using any beauty products contained in the Prize, Winners must read the ingredients carefully in case of any allergies or pre-existing medical conditions. The Promoter strongly recommends that the Winners tests all product(s) on a small area of skin prior to use. If pregnant, please seek medical advice first. Should any reaction occur, use should be discontinued immediately. Any product included in the Prize is applied at the Winner’s own risk.
14. The Winners may be asked to participate in publicity related to the Prize Draw which may include the publication of their name, image and town or county of residence in any media.
15. By entering the Prize Draw, entrants agree that any personal information provided with their entry may be held and used only by the Promoter for the purposes of administering the Prize Draw, determining which version of Prize the Winner will receive, and fulfilling and delivering the Prize to the Winners. The name of the Winners will be made available by the Promoter on request in accordance with applicable UK laws.
16. In the event of any dispute regarding these Rules and all other matters relating to the Prize Draw, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
17. The Promoter can be contacted in relation to the Prize Draw by writing to: PORTER Beauty Hamper Prize Draw, Porter Magazine, The Net-A-Porter Group Limited, 1 The Village Offices Westfield, Ariel Way, London W12 7GF.
18. The Prize Draw and these Rules shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
WHAT IS PORTER CONCIERGE?
PORTER Concierge provides readers with access to a unique service 24/7 to help locate and purchase an item or an outfit featured in the magazine.
You can contact PORTER Concierge in 2 ways:
On the NET-A-PORTER app, select ‘Scan PORTER Magazine’ from the account area and hold this over the page of the magazine. Tap your screen to scan the page and then hit the Concierge icon to call for assistance.
Tap the ‘CONCIERGE’ icon on the style you are interested in and complete the contact form with your details. A member of our Concierge team will then be in touch with an update.
For assistance with your PORTER subscription, call us on 0800 044 5412 from the UK, +44 330 022 5412 internationally from 9am-5pm GMT, Monday to Friday or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For digital subscriptions purchased through the App Stores, please contact the App store support teams directly.
HOW DO I PURCHASE A SUBSCRIPTION TO PORTER MAGAZINE?
To subscribe to PORTER, visit portersubscription.com or contact us by telephone. As a print subscriber, you will also receive complimentary access to the digital edition.
You can purchase a digital only subscription to PORTER as detailed above. You can also subscribe via your tablet or mobile device.
HOW CAN I PAY FOR MY SUBSCRIPTION?
- American Express
You can choose to pay by Direct Debit with a credit/debit card. We accept:
For more information on Direct Debit, please visit:http://directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/Pages/DirectDebitExplained.aspx
Direct Debit guarantee:http://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/Pages/DirectDebitGuarantee.aspx
We are unable to accept NET-A-PORTER store credit as a form of payment at this time.
CAN I PURCHASE A GIFT SUBSCRIPTION TO PORTER?
Simply select the gift option under SHIPPING DETAILS when purchasing a subscription. A virtual Gift Card will be sent to the purchaser, who will then be responsible for forwarding this email to the recipient. Virtual Gift Cards may take up 72 hours to reach you.
WHAT ARE THE ON-SALE DATES FOR PORTER?
- December 1, 2017
- February 9, 2018
- April 6, 2018
- June 1, 2018
- August 10, 2018
- September 28, 2018
PORTER will be released on the following dates:
HOW DO I ACCESS THE DIGITAL EDITION OF PORTER?
- Install the PORTER app from the App Stores on your tablet or mobile device.
- If you are already a subscriber, tap 'subscriber login' under settings and enter your digital access code and your surname or postcode/ZIP code.
- Download the current issue and start reading and shopping from PORTER.
To view the magazine, follow these 3 easy steps:
IS PORTER AVAILABLE IN OTHER LANGUAGES?
While PORTER is distributed globally, it is only available in English at this time.
MY MAGAZINE HASN’T ARRIVED. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
As PORTER is delivered by your local postal service, it is not trackable. If you have not received your magazine within 10 working days of its expected delivery date, please contact us on the details above for further assistance.
PORTER is released six times a year, and you should allow up to 14 weeks for your first issue to arrive. Print subscribers can also access the complimentary digital edition on their tablet or mobile device by downloading the PORTER app from the App Stores.
I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY FREE GIFT
To receive your free gift, subscribe online using the unique URL or quote the promotional code when ordering over the telephone with our Customer Care team, both of which are advertised in each edition of PORTER. The offer is valid for subscribers residing in the United Kingdom while supplies last.
Your gift will be sent separately to your first issue of PORTER and you should allow up to 28 working days once payment has been taken for it to arrive with you.
Please note, all gifts will be sent to the billing address and not the shipping address. This includes those purchased as a gift subscription.
If your gift has not arrived within this timeframe, please contact us on the details above for assistance.
I AM UNABLE TO ACCESS THE DIGITAL EDITION
- Check that you are using a stable Wi-Fi connection. For best results, disable your Auto Lock function while downloading an issue to avoid going into “sleep” mode
- Delete the app and download it to your device again
- Go to the app settings and select “Restore Purchases”
- Free up space within the PORTER app by selecting “Archive” next to “Read”. You can re-download archived issues at any time
Please try the following if you are having trouble accessing PORTER:
HOW DO I AMEND MY DETAILS, RENEW OR CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION?
- From the home screen, select “Settings’, then ‘iTunes & App Store’.
- Tap on your ‘Apple ID’ on the top of the right-hand panel (you may need to scroll down on iOS 5 and below).
- Select ‘View Apple ID’.
- Scroll down to and select ‘Manage’, under ‘Subscriptions’ to make any changes or cancel your subscription.
Simply visit portersubscription.com/myaccount and enter your Subscriber Account Number and your surname or postcode/ ZIP code to make any changes.
Alternatively, if you have registered on NET-A-PORTER.COM, you can sign in to your account and select MY SUBSCRIPTION. You will then be prompted to manage your subscription and make any changes. You can also contact us on the details above for assistance.
If you purchased a digital-only subscription through the Apple Store, your subscription will renew automatically at the end of each period unless you cancel it. To do so, please follow these steps:
HOW DO I PURCHASE A SINGLE ISSUE OF PORTER?
Single print issues can be bought directly from NET-A-PORTER.COM as well as bookstores, independent newsagents, supermarkets and convenience stores in more than 60 countries.
Single digital editions are also available to purchase through the App stores.
WHAT IS RECAPTCHA?
When signing into portersubscription.com/myaccount, you will be asked to enter the words or numbers exactly as they appear in the box.
Recaptcha is the Completely Automated Public Turing used to tell Computers and Humans Apart. This is an extra measure that we use for your security and lets us confirm that you are a person signing into your PORTER account to view or edit your subscription details.
Helpful hints: Make sure you use a space between each word if there is more than one word and then click “Sign in”. You can also hear the words spoken- simply click on the speaker symbol.