PORTER frequently asked questions
REFER A FRIEND PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- A current subscriber to PORTER magazine;
- aged 18 years or over; and
- resident in the United Kingdom, United States or Canada,
- The referrer, being a current subscriber of PORTER Magazine (“Referrer(s)”), will receive an email from the Promoter asking if they want to refer a friend to become a PORTER magazine subscriber.
- The email will contain a unique link (the “Link”) which can be shared by the Referrer(s) with their friends via any means including email, social media and messaging.
- Provided all of the Entry Criteria are met, the Referrer(s) will automatically be entered into the Prize Draw once they share the Link.
- For the avoidance of doubt, there is only one entry permitted for each Referrer. Creating and sharing the Link multiple times will not enter a Referrer into the Prize Draw more than once.
Terms and Conditions for the Porter Refer a Friend Prize Draw 2019
- These terms and conditions (the “Rules”) apply to the Porter Refer a Friend Prize Draw (the “Prize Draw”), which is being promoted and run by THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP LIMITED trading as “PORTER”, (Company Number 3820604) of 1 The Village Offices, Westfield London, Ariel Way, London, W12 7GF (the “Promoter”). By submitting an entry, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
- The Prize Draw will open on 18 January 2019 at 18:00 GMT and close on 1 February 2019 at 00:00 GMT (the “Entry Period”). Entrants must be:
(the “Entry Criteria”).
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or to refuse to award the Prize (as defined below), to anyone in breach of these Rules. Entry is free and no purchase is necessary.
- Entry to the Prize Draw happens as follows:
- The “Prize” is one (1) Loewe Gate small embellished leather shoulder bag, which has a retail value of £1,795 or equivalent currency as calculated by the Promoter at its sole discretion (inclusive of VAT or plus any applicable sales tax).
- The Prize is subject to availability. In the event that the Prize is no longer available for any reason, then the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize with an alternative item of similar value (selected at the Promoter’s sole discretion). The Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable and no cash alternative is offered, meaning that the Prize value cannot be applied to any other items. The Prize is personal to the Winner (as defined below) and is not for commercial use.
- A winner will be drawn at random from the Referrers which meet the Entry Criteria and who have shared the Link (“Winner”) on or before 1 February 2019 and the Winner will be notified by email on or before 14 February 2019. The decision of the Promoter in selecting the Winner is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Winner will be asked to verify that they are resident in either the UK, USA or Canada. If the Winner does not respond to the Promoter within three (3) days of being contacted by the Promoter, or is not able to verify that they are a resident of the UK, USA or Canada, then the Winner will forfeit the Prize and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The Winner may be asked to participate in publicity related to the Prize Draw.
- The Prize will be delivered to an address in the UK, USA or Canada and the cost of delivery will be borne by the Promoter and/or its affiliates. The Promoter will use reasonable efforts to deliver the Prize to the Winner within ten (10) days of the Prize Draw being completed.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to issue the Prize to the Winner and select an alternative winner at any time, for any reason, or if they feel any of these Rules have been violated, and to select another Winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered howsoever arising from the Prize Draw or the Prize, whether due to any errors or omissions or other cause by the Promoter, its employees, agents or others to the fullest extent permitted by law. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. The Promoter will not be liable for its inability to contact the Winner or to deliver the Prize (or any part of it) as a result of any mistakes or errors in the contact details or delivery address provided by the Winner. Entrants’ statutory rights are not affected.
- In the event of any dispute regarding these Rules and all other matters relating to the Prize Draw, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to vary any and all elements of this Prize Draw, as well as the right to hold void, cancel, suspend or amend the Prize Draw at any time without notice.
- The friend(s) or contact(s) with whom the Referrer(s) share the Link (the “Referred Friend(s)”) do not have to subscribe to PORTER magazine in order for the Referrer(s) to be entered into the Prize Draw. If the Referred Friend(s) do subscribe to PORTER magazine as a result of the Referrer(s)’ referral, both the Referrer(s) and Referred Friend(s) will receive a beauty gift, subject to the PORTER Refer a Friend Program terms.
- Entrants can contact the Promoter in relation to the Prize Draw by writing to: PORTER Magazine Prize Draw, THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP LIMITED, 1 The Village Offices Westfield, Ariel Way, London W12 7GF.
- The Prize Draw and these Rules shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
WHAT IS PORTER CONCIERGE?
PORTER Concierge provides readers with access to a unique service 24/7 to help locate and purchase an item or an outfit featured in the magazine.
You can contact PORTER Concierge in 2 ways:
On the NET-A-PORTER app, select ‘Scan PORTER Magazine’ from the account area and hold this over the page of the magazine. Tap your screen to scan the page and then hit the Concierge icon to call for assistance.
Tap the ‘CONCIERGE’ icon on the style you are interested in and complete the contact form with your details. A member of our Concierge team will then be in touch with an update.
For assistance with your PORTER subscription, call us on 0800 044 5412 from the UK, +44 330 022 5412 internationally from 9am-5pm GMT, Monday to Friday or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For digital subscriptions purchased through the App Stores, please contact the App store support teams directly.
HOW DO I PURCHASE A SUBSCRIPTION TO PORTER MAGAZINE?
To subscribe to PORTER, visit portersubscription.com or contact us by telephone. As a print subscriber, you will also receive complimentary access to the digital edition.
You can purchase a digital only subscription to PORTER as detailed above. You can also subscribe via your tablet or mobile device.
HOW CAN I PAY FOR MY SUBSCRIPTION?
- American Express
You can choose to pay by Direct Debit with a credit/debit card. We accept:
For more information on Direct Debit, please visit:http://directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/Pages/DirectDebitExplained.aspx
Direct Debit guarantee:http://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/Pages/DirectDebitGuarantee.aspx
We are unable to accept NET-A-PORTER store credit as a form of payment at this time.
CAN I PURCHASE A GIFT SUBSCRIPTION TO PORTER?
Simply select the gift option under SHIPPING DETAILS when purchasing a subscription. A virtual Gift Card will be sent to the purchaser, who will then be responsible for forwarding this email to the recipient. Virtual Gift Cards may take up 72 hours to reach you.
WHAT ARE THE ON-SALE DATES FOR PORTER?
- December 7, 2018
- February 8, 2019
- April 5, 2019
- June 7, 2019
- August 9, 2019
- October 4, 2019
- December 6, 2019
PORTER will be released on the following dates:
HOW DO I ACCESS THE DIGITAL EDITION OF PORTER?
- Install the PORTER app from the App Stores on your tablet or mobile device.
- If you are already a subscriber, tap 'subscriber login' under settings and enter your digital access code and your surname or postcode/ZIP code.
- Download the current issue and start reading and shopping from PORTER.
To view the magazine, follow these 3 easy steps:
IS PORTER AVAILABLE IN OTHER LANGUAGES?
While PORTER is distributed globally, it is only available in English at this time.
MY MAGAZINE HASN’T ARRIVED. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
As PORTER is delivered by your local postal service, it is not trackable. If you have not received your magazine within 10 working days of its expected delivery date, please contact us on the details above for further assistance.
PORTER is released six times a year, and you should allow up to 14 weeks for your first issue to arrive. Print subscribers can also access the complimentary digital edition on their tablet or mobile device by downloading the PORTER app from the App Stores.
I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY FREE GIFT
To receive your free gift, subscribe online using the unique URL or quote the promotional code when ordering over the telephone with our Customer Care team, both of which are advertised in each edition of PORTER. The offer is valid for subscribers residing in the United Kingdom while supplies last.
Your gift will be sent separately to your first issue of PORTER and you should allow up to 28 working days once payment has been taken for it to arrive with you.
Please note, all gifts will be sent to the billing address and not the shipping address. This includes those purchased as a gift subscription.
If your gift has not arrived within this timeframe, please contact us on the details above for assistance.
I AM UNABLE TO ACCESS THE DIGITAL EDITION
- Check that you are using a stable Wi-Fi connection. For best results, disable your Auto Lock function while downloading an issue to avoid going into “sleep” mode
- Delete the app and download it to your device again
- Go to the app settings and select “Restore Purchases”
- Free up space within the PORTER app by selecting “Archive” next to “Read”. You can re-download archived issues at any time
Please try the following if you are having trouble accessing PORTER:
HOW DO I AMEND MY DETAILS, RENEW OR CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION?
- From the home screen, select “Settings’, then ‘iTunes & App Store’.
- Tap on your ‘Apple ID’ on the top of the right-hand panel (you may need to scroll down on iOS 5 and below).
- Select ‘View Apple ID’.
- Scroll down to and select ‘Manage’, under ‘Subscriptions’ to make any changes or cancel your subscription.
Simply visit portersubscription.com/myaccount and enter your Subscriber Account Number and your surname or postcode/ ZIP code to make any changes.
Alternatively, if you have registered on NET-A-PORTER.COM, you can sign in to your account and select MY SUBSCRIPTION. You will then be prompted to manage your subscription and make any changes. You can also contact us on the details above for assistance.
If you purchased a digital-only subscription through the Apple Store, your subscription will renew automatically at the end of each period unless you cancel it. To do so, please follow these steps:
HOW DO I PURCHASE A SINGLE ISSUE OF PORTER?
Single print issues can be bought directly from NET-A-PORTER.COM as well as bookstores, independent newsagents, supermarkets and convenience stores in more than 60 countries.
Single digital editions are also available to purchase through the App stores.
WHAT IS RECAPTCHA?
When signing into portersubscription.com/myaccount, you will be asked to enter the words or numbers exactly as they appear in the box.
Recaptcha is the Completely Automated Public Turing used to tell Computers and Humans Apart. This is an extra measure that we use for your security and lets us confirm that you are a person signing into your PORTER account to view or edit your subscription details.
Helpful hints: Make sure you use a space between each word if there is more than one word and then click “Sign in”. You can also hear the words spoken- simply click on the speaker symbol.