Cartier's 'Santos-Dumont' timepiece is named after the early 20th-century aviator who wanted a reliable way to tell the time mid-flight - Louis Cartier himself made the first version, which is still regarded as a revelation in terms of history and design. Made at the brand's Swiss maison, this large 18-karat pink gold version has a square bezel that sits perfectly flat and a sapphire-tipped, cabochon-shaped crown. The satin-brushed silvered dial is elegantly contrasted by Roman numerals and signature blued steel hands. The alligator strap smoothly curves around the wrist, eventually molding to your specific contours.
- Blued steel sword-shaped hour and minute hands, black Roman numerals and markers
- 18-karat pink gold case
- Sapphire crown for time adjustments and manual winding
- Sapphire glass crystal
- Engraved case back
- Ardillon buckle-fastening black alligator strap
- Case diameter: 31.4mm; case length: 43.5mm; case thickness: 7.3mm
- Water resistance: 3 bar
- Comes in a presentation box
- Alligator: USA
- This piece has been certified in accordance with the Hallmarking Act 1973
- NET-A-PORTER is a certified member of the Responsible Jewellery Council
- Reference number: WGSA0021
- Manufactured in Switzerland
Cartier creations are manufactured with the greatest care by Cartier workshops in the purest tradition of jewelry and watchmaking, thus giving each piece a unique character. As a result, information on the carat weights in relation to a model may vary slightly from one piece to another and are therefore given for information only.