We all know how important it is to reduce our environmental footprint, and the second-hand luxury retail market offers the perfect space to give your pre-loved pieces a second life. That LBD you haven’t worn in years might be exactly what someone is searching for, or the handbag you’ve barely used could be the almost-brand-new arm candy of someone else’s dreams.
Circularity has never been more front of mind in our daily lives, and that includes in our closets. By selling the clothes, jewelry and accessories we no longer wear, we’re taking a more responsible approach to shopping by lengthening the lifecycle of these pieces and thus reducing the impact on our planet.
But where to begin? Gone are the days of spending hours photographing and listing your pre-loved wares. To make the experience as seamless as possible, we’ll take care of everything – we can even collect the items from your home. Our expert team will then photograph, list and price each piece – you simply choose how you want to receive payment. There are optional incentives here, whereby you can either receive payment via bank transfer or as NET-A-PORTER store credit, the latter of which includes an additional 10% bonus.
Here’s how to resell with NET-A-PORTER
1. Set aside some time to go through your closet in detail. Then cross-check the items you want to sell with the list of pieces and brands we accept – you’ll find this information on our resale partnership site when you click ‘Resell your wardrobe’. Top tip: bags are one of the best reselling categories. If you have the original dust bags, boxes and authenticity cards, do include them to make your pieces even more appealing to potential buyers. Prioritize seasonal items, as it will be easier to find them a new home quickly if they’re in demand.
2. Give the items you want to sell a thorough clean – consider having them professionally laundered so they’re in top condition, which will help them fetch the best price.
3. Arrange a home collection or use our drop-off service (the most sustainable option).
4. Sit back and relax while our team of experts takes photographs, writes product descriptions and calculates the highest pricing at which to list your items across more than 20 different marketplaces.
5. Choose your payment method once your item has been sold: either via bank transfer, or NET-A-PORTER store credit (with the aforementioned 10% bonus).
6. Once your store credit is in your NET-A-PORTER account, why not reward yourself with investment pieces you’ll wear on repeat?
It truly couldn’t be easier to sell from your closet – head to the link below to learn more and get started…